Enrolling at undergraduate medical studies
Submitting documents for enrolling at undergraduate medical studies for EU, EES and SC candidates
The conditions of admission to studies by evaluating the school performance and personal achievements for citizens of the Member States of the European Union, of the States belonging to the European Economic Area and of the Swiss Confederation
Citizens of European Union member states, from the European Economic Space and of the Swiss Confederation are admitted by evaluating the school performance and personal achievements after their school studies have been recognized.
The study recognition is done by the National Centre for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas.
Admitted candidates by file evaluation can study based on tuition fee on the entire study period.
The file evaluation of the candidates is done by a committee constituted at the faculty’s level, which will analyse the documents within the candidate’s file.
After the evaluation procedure, the files, which are eligible, are sent for recognition to the National Centre for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas. After the files are evaluated by the National Centre for Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas, a certificate is issued which gives the candidate the right to attend university studies in Romania.
However, candidates who follow the admission exam criteria may be admitted under the same conditions as Romanian candidates. See links:
1. Selection criteria
(1) Taking the high school exam (baccalaureate examination) in biology or chemistry, or graduating an accredited high school in the country of origin that has biology or chemistry in the discipline curriculum, or
(2) The minimum grade of the high school exam (baccalaureate examination) must be at least 70% of the theoretical maximum grade of the exam in the country in which the candidate graduated high school;
(3) Proof of knowing the Romanian language (Romanian Language Certificate);
(4) C.V. with experience and skills in the field of medicine and pharmacy or related
(5) Letters of recommendation or proof of voluntary activities in the medical-pharmaceutical or related fields
2. Required documents:
(1) Application form, the candidate's commitment, as well as the consent statement regarding the processing of personal data, filled in entirely;
(2) CV Europass in Romanian signed each page.
(3) Baccalaureate (High school) diploma or equivalent – 2 copies conformed to original and 2 certified translations.
Original diplomas from Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus will have the Hague Apostille.
Original diplomas issued in states that are not part of the Hague Convention Apostille will be authenticated by:
- the Ministry of National Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the issuing country, the Embassy/ the Consular Office of Romania in the issuing country and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania or by;
- the Ministry of National Education from the issuing country, the Embassy/ the Consular Office of the issuing country in Romania and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania.
The certificate of passing the Baccalaureate from Italy, Pruebas de Aptitud para el Acceso a la Universidad, calificación Apto from Spain and the certificate for the national exams for general high school (Panellinies Exetaseis) from Greece will have the Hague Apostille.
(4) Academic records for all the high school years (classes 9 – 12/13) and for the Baccalaureate (High school) exam - 2 copies conformed to original and 2 certified translations of each original document.
(5) Personal ID document – copy; passport (valid at least 6 months from the time of submitting the file) – copies conformed to original of pages 1, 2, 3, 4 or another ID document proving the citizenship of a member state of the European Union, the European Economic Area or the Swiss Confederation;
(6) Birth certificate – 2 copies conformed to original;
(7) Candidates applying to the faculties where the tests are taken must also submit the following documents:
- A statutory declaration that the participant has complied with the isolation/quarantine regime and has not had close contact with a person confirmed with COVID - 19 in the last 14 days;
- Medical certificate stating the current state of health of the candidate and possibly previous conditions related to chronic diseases and SARS - VOC 2 in Romanian;
(8) Receipt of payment the file evaluation fee – 50 euros – 1 copy conformed to original;
(9) Romanian Language Certificate – 1 copy conformed to original;
(10) Application form for equivalence the high school diploma obtained abroad. (Application form – Annex 1) the equivalence certificate of the diploma if it exists;
(11) 3 ID photos;
(12) Letter of recommendation or proof of voluntary activities in the medical-pharmaceutical or related fields – copies conformed to original and certified translation of the original document.
3. Registration period:
- 8 – 11 July 2020
- 13 – 17 July 2020
- 3 – 11 September 2020
Registrations are made at the university headquarters, General Directorate Secretariat, room 89, according to the admission calendar or online at firstname.lastname@example.org. (location)